- Published writer and journalist with copywriting, proofreading, editing experience.
- Project manager and web producer experienced with content management systems
- Strong interpersonal skills working with clients, content providers, and general public
- Fluent in Spanish and literate in French.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Technical Manager, SOHO ARTHOUSE (SOHO GALLERY FOR DIGITAL ART) 2009-Present
- Designed and wrote press releases, website copy, marketing materials, exhibit catalogs, posters and flyers
- Interacted with exhibitors and prepared digital artworks for display on in-house digital display equipment for over 30 exhibitions
- Organized in-house events from inception to execution, including AniMiniCon SoHo: multimedia festival for Japanese art and culture, which drew capacity crowds for 3 consecutive years
Live Webcast Producer, CFO.COM, 2003-2009
- Produced over 60 live webinars on financial topics for magazine website aimed at Chief Financial Officers. Webinars were most profitable revenue stream for the site
- Wrote promotional web copy for events. Edited transcripts and maintained online archive of past webinars
- Set up workflow timelines, organized and supervised rehearsals with speakers, prepared Powerpoint presentations and produced post-event reports
Producer, SIMON AND SCHUSTER INTERACTIVE, 1995-2003
- Managed production of best-selling interactive interactive digital guides and games based on licensed properties such as Star Trek and Jim Henson Studios television shows and The Joy of Cooking cookbook
- Wrote and edited product manuals, packaging copy and in-house marketing materials
- Maintained project timelines, oversaw deliverables by developers and content providers, supervised quality assurance testing
- Interacted with license-holders for product element approvals and permissions
- Licensed media-tie-in chapter books for Scholastic, Inc.
- Media tie-in short story for Byron Preiss Publications
- Articles and reviews for Publishers Weekly and Successful Meetings magazines, ComicMix.com
Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel); Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat/Adobe Reader, Adobe Illustrator; On24 Live Webcast streaming software
Master of Arts in Journalism, New York University, 1995 McCracken Fellow (full-tuition merit-based fellowship)
Bachelor’s Degree, Summa cum laude, in Growth and Structure of Cities, Bryn Mawr College, 1990 Dolphin Scholar (full-tuition merit scholarship)